BOTOX® & Dermal Filler Post-Treatment Care
- After Botox and filler injections, do not take over-the-counter aspirin, Ibuprofen, or vitamin E for at least 24 hours. Do not stop prescription medications. You may take Tylenol as needed.
- After both Botox and fillers, do not massage or manipulate the injection sites for 48 hours. Do not rub the sites, exercise, chew gum, or wear a hat or headband close to treated areas.
- After Botox injections, remain upright for 4 to 6 hours. Avoid bending down or forward.
- After Botox, exaggerate your facial expressions in the injected areas for about 1 hour.
- You may have some bruising, swelling and discomfort following treatments. Cool compresses and temporary applications of ice may be beneficial. These possible side effects should resolve within hours to days.
- Avoid excessive heat exposure or skin trauma for 1 to 2 days. This includes strenuous exercise, massages, hot showers, saunas, hot tubs, use of irritants, such as Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide, and astringents, waxing, chemical peels, bleaching, etc. Treat your skin gently for several days. Laser and IPL treatments should be done prior to injection of fillers or you need to wait 4 weeks.
- Makeup may be applied after the treatment when the skin is intact and the reaction has decreased. Avoid sun exposure, outdoor and tanning beds. We recommend use of at least a 30 SPF full-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with zinc oxide.
- Botox results are expected within 2 to 7 days. Botox and filler’s effects will decrease with time. You may need to repeat treatments. Consult your practitioner.
Notify the office immediately if you have any major complications: increased pain at injection sites, increased headaches, prolonged bruising or swelling, difficulty swallowing or breathing, drooping upper eyelids, or other untoward problems. If you have questions or concerns, call 850-877-1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org on nights or weekends to reach Rachel Depart, NP.