- After Botox and filler injections, do not take over-the-counter aspirin, Ibuprofen, or vitamin E for at least 24 hours. Do not stop your prescription medications. Tylenol may be taken as needed.
- After treatment, do not massage or manipulate the injection sites for at least 48 hours. Do not rub the sites, exercise, chew gum, use a straw, or wear a hat/headband close to the treated areas and remain upright for 4 to 6 hours. Avoid bending down or forward.
- After Botox, exaggerate your facial expressions in the injected areas for about 1 hour.
- You may have some bruising, swelling and discomfort following treatments. Cool compresses and temporary applications of ice may be beneficial. These possible side effects should resolve within hours to days.
- Avoid excessive heat exposure or skin trauma for 1 to 2 days. This includes strenuous exercise, massages, hot showers, saunas, and/or hot tubs. Avoid the use of irritants, such as Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide, and astringents, waxing, chemical peels, bleaching, etc. Treat your skin gently for several days. Laser and IPL treatments should be done prior to injection of fillers or you need to wait 4 weeks.
- Makeup may be applied after the treatment when the skin is intact and the reaction has decreased. Avoid sun exposure, outdoor and tanning beds. We recommend use of at least a 30 SPF full-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with zinc oxide.
- Botox results are expected within 2 to 7 days and will reach maximum effect within 14 days. Results will decrease over the next 3-4 months. You may need to repeat treatments. Consult our team for more information.
Important note: Please notify the office immediately if you have any major complications: increased pain at injection sites, increased headaches, prolonged bruising or swelling, difficulty swallowing or breathing, drooping upper eyelids, or other untoward problems. If you have questions or concerns, call 850-391-7129 or email email@example.com on nights or weekends to reach your provider.